Best OSLMS Available
Short for for “Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment” It’s Features are:
- Very, very easy for first time users.
- Quick establishment of courses.
- Easy generation of PDF documents.
- Teachers/Instructors can add multiple files very easily by dragging and dropping.
- All grades for assignments and quizzes etc. can be viewed on one sheet and downloaded as a spreadsheet.
Originally developed at MIT, it is used by almost 500,000 people in in over 18 countries, in educational institutions, corporations and government. It Features:
- Scorm Display
- Homework drop box.
- Different roles are supported for.LRN Classes, such as students, professors and administrative staff
- Student tracking data can be exported
- Has been internationalized to support multiple languages, dialects and timezones
- It’s main flaw is that it has a very diverse interface with many inconsistencies.
The basic version of eFront is exactly that, basic, but this can be amplified with modules downloadable from the eFront site. The thought process behind this decision was so that users spend time learning new skills, not learning how to use the platform. There are two efront Learning Management platforms, an educational edition and an enterprise edition. The enterprise edition was aimed at medium sized enterprises with between 100 and 10,000 employees. Extensive research on organizations of this size was conducted before development began. Features:
- Visually attractive interface
- Very fast and modern as it is Ajax enabled
- Unicode, LDAP and SCORM supporting
- Advanced security characteristics